Digital technology has caused many changes in the world of photography in recent years. One big change is an incredible influx of people starting up ‘photography businesses’. Having a ‘photography business’ is not the same as being a Professional Photographer. Consumers need information to make smart choices when they hire a photographer, and Professional Photographers need a way to provide information to help with those choices. Take Off Your Mommy Goggles is a resource to help both sides get the information they need.
IF YOU WANT TO HIRE A PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHER:
Fact: There is no *required* accreditation, certification, or training program for photographers. Basically, anyone can follow a few simple steps for setting up a business, and call themselves a photographer. If you’re in the market for coverage for your wedding, family portraits, or other event, you’re on your own in determining how good a job a given photographer will do for you.
This site is designed to help you understand:
* what a true ‘Professional Photographer’ is
* how to find one that fits your needs,
* how to tell a good quality, technically correct professional image from a poor quality image
* what to look for when comparing photographer’s websites,
* and how to spot what we in the business call ‘fauxtographers’ – people who have put the cart miles ahead of the horse by opening a ‘PHOTOGRAPHY BUSINESS’ prior to aquiring any skills or knowledge related to photography *or* business.
Your memories are important – if you’re going to invest time and money into having your special moments documented, you deserve to have it done properly. We’ll help you accomplish that. Please take a few minutes to browse through the “Consumer” links on this website, and take a look at the image samples presented in “The Good, The Bad & The Ugly” section. Some of the pages, particularly the pricing page, have a lot of information in them. We thank you in advance for setting aside a little time to read and process this information! Your experience with your Professional Photographer will be better because of your understanding.
Please feel free to share this website with friends and family who might be interested in contracting a Professional Photographer to help document their lives. Thank you!