WHO CAN APPLY?
This registry is monitored, and each business who would like to be included must fill out an application, meet our standards, and be approved before being listed. The information submitted will be reviewed by a team of 3-5 Professional Photographers, each of whom has been in business for a minimum of 5 years.
Before applying, please be sure you meet the required standards listed on the What It Takes To Be In Our Registry page. In short, these requirements are:
* Be in business for at least 3 years. This means that your business needs to have been legally formed three years prior to the date you apply for the registry. For example, if today’s date is 2/14/11, your business needs to have been formed no later than 2/14/08 to qualify for the registry. NO EXCEPTIONS! Please do not send us paperwork dated later than this date along with an explanation – it will not be accepted. There are many items you can submit to show you’ve been legally in business for 3+ years – including a DBA, tax records, top of a bank statement showing date and company name, state-issued certificate, sales tax certificate.
* Have a website that shows a variety of professional level work that is technically sound, and contains a variety of subjects/clients.
* Be operating a business designed to be sustainable and profitable. This means, no pricing which undercuts the industry. Pricing varies from area to area, but as a general guideline the determination of the Professional Photographers who consult on this site agree that at an absolute minimum, pricing should be: ~ 8×10: $25 minimum. ~ 16×20: $100 minimum. ~session fee: $75 minimum. If a digital model is followed, the minimum acceptable pricing for a full session + high-resolution digital files is $600. Pricing below this level is not likely to be profitable, regardless of the economics of the area in which the business exists, if the business is operating legally and providing professional products. If your pricing is below these levels and you choose to apply, you will need to supply additional support that your business is not undercutting the photographic industry.
HOW TO APPLY:
1 – Fill out the application below. Please be sure to fill out all sections completely. Your correct, complete address is necessary so that your pin in the registry will show up in the right place. If you have a home studio and operate by appointment only, you may prefer to list just your city and zip code.
Make sure you attach/link all three required items for your application:
* Proof of legal business dated at least three years prior to the date you apply for the registry – NO EXCEPTIONS!
* Pricing information – attach pricing guide, or link to online pricing information
* Registry Image
2 – After submitting the form, you will be redirected to the subscription page to enter your payment information. Payment is accepted via Paypal. Registry participation is $12 for 6 months, or $20 for one year. Your application will not be reviewed until payment is received.
3 – Your application will be reviewed as quickly as possible, and assuming your business meets the standards listed, your information will be posted on the Registry map. If for some reason your business is not eligible, you will be notified via email of the reason for ineligibility, and your payment will be refunded.
Powered by Fast Secure Contact Form
Thank you for your submission – you will be automatically redirected to the subscription page to enter your payment information in just a few seconds.